With the soaring prices of electricity and constant load shedding; homeowners have to look for an alternative for meeting electricity crisis. There is an array of options available for beating this electricity crisis for the homeowners, which are renewable. The best and the perfect energy source being the, use of solar power. What is solar power? Well solar power is a renewable form of energy and is harvested from the sun by using photo electric panels and other technologies, it is available in abundant and is free of cost.
Energy conservation is a critical topic and it needs to be taken seriously, which is why using solar power is the best that one can do. Solar power can be used at home in a number of ways, moreover ‘going solar’ doesn’t only mean spending money on solar panels but it also means to use a variety of solar devices that can be used at home for different purposes.
Solar appliance for using at home
- Solar charger- You can find solar chargers in the market, which can be used at home to charge phones, laptops and different batteries on a daily basis. Charging with solar charger, used little elect6rcity and also helps in saving tons of money in a long run.
- The solar indoor lights- One can use solar panels to light the home from indoors, this will not only save a lot of money but also helps in saving a lot of energy which is a crucial topic today.
- Use of solar oven- The normal ovens use a lot of electricity when used, but these solar ovens are little and use solar energy alone. They are made up of glass which absorbs the heat of the sun, which is then magnified and used for cooking. This is best for camping and picnics.
- Solar water heaters- Electric geysers use a lot of power, so replacing them is a must. The electric geysers can be easily replaced with solar water heaters, there are two type of solar heaters; active and passive, and the choice is completely yours.
- Hot tubs- The solar power units are used for heating the water in the pool, an inbuilt solar kit can be used for this; although it is costly but in the long run it helps in energy saving.
- The heat storage tubes- These tubes are known as greenhouse fibreglass tubes, they are like thin cylinders and can be used to fill water and to heat the rooms.
Using solar energy for meeting the power needs is the most eco-friendly as well as a pocket-friendly option. You not only end up saving a lot on the electricity bill but also save the resources from getting depleted and harming the earth. Although installation of solar panels is expensive but in the long run it is quite feasible. Moreover using solar power to light up the rural areas is the best way of supplying power and lighting the households there.