Most of us don’t take science seriously and think that is doesn’t matter much, but this is something which is completely incorrect. Science has the power to affect our everyday lives, from the moment we wake up till the end of the day. Everything around is related to science in some or the other way; be it the digital clock in the room, or the weather report we see on our phones, or the decision to bake some cookies or just turning off the lights at night, everything is there and happens courtesy science. The modern world we stay in today would not have been possible and that modern, without the knowledge and use of science.
Science and it innovations
Science is responsible for basic technological innovations that affect our daily lives, and also for a number of complex devices like the computers, x-ray machines and phones. Everything from flu vaccines to tools for performing open heart surgeries, are there because of science, so our life is impacted to a large extent by technology.
Ways in which science affects our lives
- Electricity- So had science not been there, it would not have been able to understand electricity and its uses well. Science has helped us in giving a better understanding of electricity and its uses, because of which we are able to talk to one another over the telephone, watch entertainment channels and are able to switch off and on the light whenever required.
- Plastic- Chemistry helped in developing different plastics for different jobs, like dental floss and blocking of bullets, which are used till now.
- Agriculture- Science has changed the way we cultivate our lands and the stuff we eat. With the development of fertilizers, pesticides and insecticides, it has become easy to harvest more food. Science is also responsible for the ‘green revolution’ that has brought a striking change in the field of agriculture leading to a massive increase of food.
- No medicine- Proper understanding of science has led to the development of modern medicine required for a lot of deadly diseases, which can cause death. Eradication of small pox, prevention of nutritional deficiencies and cancer treatments, all are possible today because of the modern medicine.
- Prediction of natural disasters- Though it is not always possible to predict the disasters but scientists do know effective ways of predicting most of them. There may be issues in giving out warnings but with science you can analyse the data and make the right and timely decision in case of a disaster.
Science undoubtedly is important to the world and can benefit the society in a number of ways. It would not be wrong to say, that had science not been there; even our daily chores would have become impossible to complete and we would not have been living in a peaceful society. Science is crucial for our lives, and we are targeted by science related policies in our everyday lives, so understanding science and its significance is very important.